There's been plenty of fastball in our region and across the country lately.
The Grey Bruce Ladies playoffs, the Owen Sound Men's League Playoffs plus Canadian Championship Tournaments in Quebec, Innerkip, Stouffville and at Napanee.
The biggest event in Men's fastball, the ISC World Championship Tournament begins Saturday at Kitchener.
Fred Wallace spoke to the co-chair of the Host Committee Larry Cox about how preparations were unfolding heading to the start of the ISC Championship.
KW Fastpitch Release
We are now just days away from opening pitch of the International Softball Congress World Tournament here in Kitchener.
The top 36 men's club teams will congregate at the Peter Hallman Ball Yard starting this Saturday, running through August 18th, all to be crowned WORLD CHAMPIONS!
This year, we are extending past just a week long of the best softball with some exciting new initiatives:
- "Crazy Game" - The journey and odyssey of an athlete,baseball player and NHL goaltender whose struggles in a harrowing life include abuse, alcoholism,mental health challenges and attempted suicide as shared by Clint Malarchuk. A narrative of his pain and difficulties with overcoming self-doubt – and the courage it took to face his demons. More information attached for registration.
- SafeTalk workshops for coaches, athletes, and stakholders on managing mental health with teammates, colleagues, family, and peers. More information attached
- Hall of Fame induction ceremony including local softball builder Jim Hallman
- a spotlight of women's softball with Laurier Golden Hawks vs Conestoga College Saturday morning at 9:00 AM
- a spotlight of local youth softball with two local Waterloo games Saturday morning
- a community corner for the whole family with interactive games, activities, reading games, and more.
- our charity of choice of for the event is Strong Start® who is a Canadian charity that helps children learn to read. Their programs involve working with children directly in addition to providing resources for families to support the development of strong literacy skills.